I’ve just finished re-vamping a website for a client whose business is leaflet distribution. The old site was years old and needed a fresh, clean look. HTML5, CSS3 and jQuery was used to create subtle transitions and animations as well as a slider on the home page… Continue reading
Sometimes that inner-geek just has to come out. Here is a list of some really geeky toys for your home, office and car… Continue reading
During the week this week I updated TorbayFishing.Com to be more responsive. The pages already scaled for mobiles and tablets but I wanted the whole page to scale seamlessly for desktop browsers, no matter the screen-size.
I switched the CSS rules for the structure to percentages, tested it across all browsers and uploaded it once I was happy it was working across the board.
Google analytics shows the hits are the same but the revenue from Adsense dropped by a whopping 82%. The ads are responsive so that wasn’t the issue. More people could see all the content and yet the revenue plummeted. I’ve had to switch back to the old version today and I’ll be setting up a A/B test on webmaster tools next week to see if I can track down the issue.
Sometimes doing the right thing can have huge consequences.