By 2017 it could be that 74% of all internet traffic in the World will be video. Have you ever wondered what happens on YouTube in a 24 hour period?
What happens to videos after they’re uploaded?
- Only 35% of all videos uploaded will be claimed by rights holders. 26% will be monitored or monitized by the copyright holder; the remainder will be taken down.
- A whopping 32% of all videos will end up removed within the first 24 hours.
- 5% of videos will be deleted by users.
- 18% will be removed because the user had their account terminated.
- 9% will be taken down due to copyright infringement.
- 0.4% of all videos are made private by the users in the first 24 hours.
- 5% accounts that uploads videos in any given day get terminated for violating YouTube’s TOS.
- Terminated accounts upload around 20% of all videos every day, 6x more than a typical account.
Pexeso have come up with this brilliant infographic showing what a typical day looks like on YouTube.